Engagement with shareholders regarding the company’s remuneration policy
23 October 2018
(Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa)
(Registration No 1955/002869/06)
Share Code: TRE
ENGAGEMENT WITH SHAREHOLDERS REGARDING THE COMPANY’S REMUNERATION POLICY
Shareholders are referred to the report on proceedings at the annual general meeting announcement released on the Stock Exchange News Service on 16 August 2018 wherein it was advised, inter alia, that:
- non-binding advisory vote number 1 relating to the endorsement of the company’s remuneration policy received less than 75% support from shareholders; and
- shareholders who voted against non-binding advisory vote number 1 or abstained from voting thereon (“dissenting shareholders”), were requested to provide their details to the company secretary at email@example.com before 7 September 2018, in order for the company to arrange engagement with the respective shareholders to ascertain the reasons for their votes.
The response was limited and, accordingly, dissenting shareholders are now invited to engage with the company and its remuneration committee as follows:
- a telephone conference has been arranged to be held on Tuesday, 20 November 2018 at 09:30;
- shareholders wishing to participate to confirm to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than close of business on Friday, 16 November 2018. Dial-in details will then be provided;
- shareholders that are unable to attend at this time are invited to request an alternative time by e-mailing email@example.com; and
- shareholders are invited to submit their concerns and/or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday, 16 November 2018.
23 October 2018
RAND MERCHANT BANK (A division of FirstRand Bank Limited)